North Star Engineering Consultant (P) Ltd. is a multi disciplinary professional engineering firm established in 1990 to provide expertise and technical services in civil engineering, architectural planning, and research services in Nepal.
North Star Engineering Consultant was registered in the Department of Industry in 1990 according to rules and regulations of the Company Act of Nepal. In August 2002, the firm was converted to a private limited company and registered in the Office of Company Register to widen its services and capabilities in different disciplines.
In Nepal, almost 90% of the country’s populations live in rural areas where infrastructures are minimal and geographical conditions are also unforgiving. Transportation of man and materials in the rural area is particularly difficult because of the lack of transport infrastructures like roads and bridges. North Star Consultant has served both rural and urban infrastructures and it has developed expertise in the following sectors:
- Civil Engineering – transportation, irrigation, structural engineering, buildings, and water resources
- Rural Infrastructures – planning, development and socio-economic analysis
- Environment Studies – Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) and Initial Environmental Examination (IEE)
- Architectural works – architectural design and modeling
- Environmental Engineering – water supply, sewerage, sanitation, water and sewerage
- Research Works – Research, Monitoring and Evaluation, Technical Audit of civil engineering projects